Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 14 | Wink, often...


Want to meet Lacy?
She's ready to meet you this Saturday at the Pet Haven Black Dog Adoption Event at the Richfield Petco, from 10am to 12pm.

I can't help but smile every time I look at this picture. Honestly, what is Lacy thinking about as she winks at the camera? Rawhides? Long walks? Ear scratches & snuggles? Only she knows!

Lacy was invited to the studio of Sarah Beth Photography this weekend to have her mug taken for this weekend's adoption event. Little did I know she was so photogenic!




What can I say... she is quickly stealing my heart. On a walk today, we met a gentleman who adored Lacy and thought she'd be the perfect fit for his friend. As we exchanged info, I felt a pang in my heart, at once a feeling of joy for Lacy, and already wistful at the idea of her leaving us... of no longer being the recipient of the "Lacy-nudge", of starting each day with her giant smile, of learning from her graceful & thoughtful steps, of keeping her pace as we jog across the Stone Arch Bridge, of her clown-like silliness...

...but, I know that all these things I love about her will be embraced by her new family, someday soon.

Life is short. Wink often!

2 comments:

  1. I miss having her around our daycare! She is a sweetie!

    Keith
    pamperedpoochplayground.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... well, you can come 'round and spend time with her if you need too! :) She has already captured our hearts!

    ReplyDelete